Factinsect wins pitch at Wienerin Gründerinnentag
AI startup prevails against four strong competitors
For five years now, the Wienerin magazine has been hosting female founders' day - a whole day full of networking, workshops and information for all founders and those who plan to join this path. The founders’ day motto in 2021: Sustainably into the future.
One of the highlights of the day: five founders presented their startups in crisp two-minute pitches in front of a top-class jury.
On the stage
- Oratis: A dating app that tries to find the perfect match using horoscopes.
- Vulva Shop: Nomen est omen - information, empowerment, positivity, practical and entertaining stuff about the female sexual organ.
- Commonground Club: A network for working women, polished with information, product samples and events.
- Schrankerl, the "canteen as a service" always provides fresh, delicious food in the office refrigerator.
- And of course Factinsect, the automated fact check, presented by Silja Kempinger, who is responsible for communications, and Romana Dorfer, the software developer and expert in artificial intelligence.
And the winner is ...
Factinsect! The award was handed over by none other than Lisa-Marie Fassl, Chairwoman of the Austrian Angel Investor's Association, Startup Officer of the Federal Ministry for Digitization & Business Location and CEO of the "Female Founders".
In addition to a lot of honor and wonderful flowers, us lucky winners also receive individual coaching and the participation in a start-up TV show.
We will keep you informed on our next steps in this adventure!